[Cvsnt] newbie : help required asap regarding WinCVS configuration and reserved checkout

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Feb 18 22:41:22 GMT 2002

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002 19:46:37 +0000 (UTC), Khalid Sheikh
<khalid_j_sheikh at yahoo.com> wrote:

>developer wants to use that file so he/she tries to
>check that file out, WinCVS makes you take all the
>files from the repository. it's all or nothing. is
>there a way i can change that so that the developer
>only needs to grab that particular file and not
>everythign else. Thanks.

If you know the file you are interested in you can always specify it
in the WinCvs checkout dialogue. Module name and path on the server:
Example:
ModuleXX/source/readme.txt

When you perform the checkout with this you will get a single file
(readme.txt)

Tony already answered the concurrency issue. I agree with him.

(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)