[Cvsnt] cvsnt Linux version

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Mon Feb 25 14:55:27 GMT 2002

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 14:43:35 +0000 (UTC), "Anthony Williams"
<anthwil at nortelnetworks.com> wrote:

>Aha. I am using Solaris 2.7. Any chance of support?

I only just worked out the wonky version numbering Sun use.  I thought
2.8 was a really old version since they claimed to be up to version
8...  Who'd have guessed 2.8==8?

Apparently it exists in 2.7 but doesn't work.  If it's there it'll be
defined in netdb.h

>I didn't know it was standard --- my MSDN docs say "This is a
>Microsoft-specific extension to Windows sockets"! However, if I hunt around
>(as I just did), then it does say it was added "to provide IPv6
>compatibility".

Microsoft love to claim responsibility for stuff.  The getaddrinfo API
is far from microsoft specific!