[Cvsnt] Cvsnt and Linux clients

Kyrre Kristiansen kyrre_kristiansen at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 26 16:07:44 GMT 2002

Ok. A little update on this question. After a good deal of digging, I have
found out that when we use the CVS client that came with RedHat 7.2 (ver.
1.11.1p1), the behaviour of the server is completely opposite of what it
should be! We have systemauth=no in the config file, but we can log in using
usernames that are local to the machine cvsnt is running on, whereas if we
try users defined in the passwd file, we get a message saying no such user.
The thing I can't figure out, is how it would make any difference for cvs
wether we are using windows or linux, the protocol *should* be exactly the
same!

Seems to me it's better to run the whole thing on Linux as long as we are
using the pserver protocol....

news:a5b68m$7p0$1 at sisko.my.home...