[Cvsnt] Cvsnt and Linux clients

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Tue Feb 26 18:10:55 GMT 2002

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:07:44 +0000 (UTC), "Kyrre Kristiansen"
<kyrre_kristiansen at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>Ok. A little update on this question. After a good deal of digging, I have
>found out that when we use the CVS client that came with RedHat 7.2 (ver.
>1.11.1p1), the behaviour of the server is completely opposite of what it
>should be! We have systemauth=no in the config file, but we can log in using
>usernames that are local to the machine cvsnt is running on, whereas if we
>try users defined in the passwd file, we get a message saying no such user.
>The thing I can't figure out, is how it would make any difference for cvs
>wether we are using windows or linux, the protocol *should* be exactly the
>same!

You probably have SystemAuth=Yes still.  You must edit the config file
by checking it out, editing it, then checking it in.

The #1 FAQ on this board is that the users in the passwd file must
exist on the cvs server....   SystemAuth can't change this.  Switching
to linux won't change it either.