[Cvsnt] Cvsnt and Linux clients

Kyrre Kristiansen kyrre_kristiansen at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 28 14:11:49 GMT 2002

Hello, again.

I'll try to document the problem as far as possible.

Here's the output from running with the windows command-line client (I've
changed the IP address in this mail):

C:\NVDB>cvs -d :pserver:administrator at 11.22.33.44:d:\cvs login
Logging in to :pserver:administrator at 11.22.33.44:2401d:\cvs
CVS password: *********
no such user administrator in CVSROOT/passwd

C:\NVDB>cvs version
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVS) NT 1.11.1.2 (Build 41)
 (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVS) NT 1.11.1.1 (Build 27)
 (client/server)

Here's the output when running on the Linux machine (again, the IP address
has been changed):

[kykr at nvdbpros03 NVDB]$ cvs -d :pserver:administrator at 11.22.33.44:/d//cvs
log
in
Logging in to :pserver:administrator at 11.22.33.44:2401/d//cvs
CVS password:
[kykr at nvdbpros03 NVDB]$ cvs checkout arbeid/kyrre
cvs server: Updating arbeid/kyrre
U arbeid/kyrre/Kommuneveiledning.pdf
U arbeid/kyrre/Oppgaver.doc
U arbeid/kyrre/Oversikt utviklingsmilj°.doc
U arbeid/kyrre/TR100_98.pdf
U arbeid/kyrre/TV204_99.pdf
U arbeid/kyrre/timeliste kyrre uke 8.xls
cvs server: Updating arbeid/kyrre/LDAP
cvs server: Updating arbeid/kyrre/LDAP/dokumentasjon

[kykr at nvdbpros03 NVDB]$ cvs -d :pserver:administrator at 11.22.33.44:/d//cvs
ver
sion
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11.1p1 (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVS) NT 1.11.1.1 (Build 27)
 (client/server)

As you can see, the server allows me to login from linux, even with an
administrator user! I can check out everything from the repository, and run
all cvs commands.

Here's my config file:

# Set this to "no" if pserver shouldn't check system users/passwords
SystemAuth=no

# Put CVS lock files in this directory rather than directly in the
repository.
LockDir=d:\cvslocks

# Set `TopLevelAdmin' to `yes' to create a CVS directory at the top
# level of the new working directory when using the `cvs checkout'
# command.
#TopLevelAdmin=no

# Set `LogHistory' to `all' or `TOFEWGCMAR' to log all transactions to the
# history file, or a subset as needed (ie `TMAR' logs all write operations)
#LogHistory=TOFEWGCMAR

What I'm really after, is someone telling me if this is a known bug, and if
updating cvsnt or changing to a linux server will help.

Kyrre.