[Cvsnt] Problem with pserver in build 53

Anders Truelsen at at systematic.dk
Tue Feb 26 13:31:39 GMT 2002

Hi Folks

I'm having problems with pserver in 1.11.1.3 (Build 53)

I have a Win2K Server with CVSNT running as CVSUser which is member of the Administrator group.
Repositories are:
	f:/prj/CVSREP	and
	f:/prj/cvsrep2
Repository prefix is set to f:/
SystemAuth is set to YES (default)
I have no passwd file.
I've tried disabling impersonation, but that doesn't seem to make any difference (not that I think it should).

For the client I use the one from build 53 with pserver_protocol.dll and sspi_protocol.dll
Using pserver I'm unable to access any repositories on the server while with sspi every thing seems to be fine.

Ex:
[C:/cvsnt] ./cvs -t -d :pserver:at at benny:/prj/cvsrep2 login
 -> main loop with CVSROOT=:pserver:at at benny:/prj/cvsrep2
Logging in to :pserver:at at benny:2401/prj/cvsrep2
CVS password: *******
cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server benny rejected access to /prj/cvsrep2 for user at

Naturally I'm unable to check anything out at this point

[C:/cvsnt] ./cvs -t -d :sspi:at at benny:/prj/cvsrep2 login
 -> main loop with CVSROOT=:sspi:at at benny:/prj/cvsrep2
Logging in to :sspi:at at benny:2401/prj/cvsrep2
CVS password: *******

Bingo, I'm thru and can checkout the world.

Any hints as to where I'm failing.
Is pserver working elsewhere with B53?

sincerely yours
anders
---
Anders Truelsen, Systematic Software Engineering A/S
Email: mailto:at at systematic.dk
Phone: +45 8943 2151
Fax:   +45 8943 2020
Web:   http://www.systematic.dk