[Cvsnt] Does "cvswrappers -t / -f" work yet ?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Mon Jan 14 21:05:32 GMT 2002

Arthur Barrett wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what the current status of the -t/-f flags for
> cvswrappers is ?
>
> I was told some time ago that it was disabled in CVS for windows (long
> before cvsnt), and may be unwise to use even in Unix...
>
> Brian Smith is trying to source control Oracle Developer source code, which
> is stored (by default) in binary files.  Fortunately Oracle also provide an
> alternative text file storage format, but it would be nifty to "transform"
> the binary into text on it's way into CVS, and vice versa.
>
> My understanding is that this is what the cvswrappers -t/-f flags are for...

I believe it was disabled in Unix around the 1.10.5 stage, for security
reasons... other than that I don't know much more about it.

"Wipe Info uses hexadecimal values to wipe files. This provides more
security than wiping with decimal values." -- Norton SystemWorks 2002 Manual

tmh at nothing-on.tv
http://www.nothing-on.tv