[Cvsnt] Does "cvswrappers -t / -f" work yet ?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Tue Jan 15 09:53:33 GMT 2002

Arthur Barrett wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what the current status of the -t/-f flags for
> cvswrappers is ?

I did some research.  The problem goes back to cvs 1.9.26, and looks like it isn't

simple to fix (if Jim Kingdon couldn't work it out then I doubt I'd have
much chance).  Apparently a change around then caused the -t/-f flags to
corrupt code, which couldn't be fixed easily.  There was a document
describing this but it has long since disappeared...  without this
document there is little chance of working out how to safely enable the
option.

Tony

Subject: Re: Destroying code? Re: Wrappers-yes or no? (was: binary files)
From: Jim Kingdon <[PRIVACY PROTECTION]>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 10:19:51 -0400

 > > CVS 1.9.26 (and 1.9.27) will destroy people's sources if they are
 > > using -t/-f wrappers.
 >
 > Whoah!  That's news to me!  Under what conditions does this happen????

See http://www.cyclic.com/cvs/dev-wrap.txt (I won't try to summarize
it here, as I'd probably leave something out).

This and other links regarding -t/-f wrappers are at
http://www.cyclic.com/cyclic-pages/unoff.html

--
"Wipe Info uses hexadecimal values to wipe files. This provides more
security than wiping with decimal values." -- Norton SystemWorks 2002 Manual

tmh at nothing-on.tv
http://www.nothing-on.tv