[Cvsnt] Linking files through different repositories.

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Thu Jan 24 10:33:49 GMT 2002

TaKeDa wrote:

> It is simple, and theoritically should work, but looks like cvsnt doesn't
> support *.lnk files.

.lnk files are *not* symbolic links like Unix.  NT does not have such a
concept (it supports hard links in Win2000 but nobody uses them as
there's no command line to set them).

cvs generally doesn't support symbolic links anyway as it causes
problems even on Unix - the support is commented out in Unix CVS.

> Could somebody implement that?
> Or maybe there is better solution?
> I know that I could put all files in public, and don't allow others to access
> them, but I'm affraid situations like ie. by mistake I gave access etc.

You need a checkout script to just check out the files you want.  See
'keeping a checked out copy' in the CVS manual.

"Wipe Info uses hexadecimal values to wipe files. This provides more
security than wiping with decimal values." -- Norton SystemWorks 2002 Manual

tmh at nothing-on.tv
http://www.nothing-on.tv