[Cvsnt] Compiling CVSNT, strange versioninfo

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Jan 25 20:12:29 GMT 2002

Tony,
I am now able to compile the checked out code, but there is one
strange item that I discovered on comparing the so produced file to
other program files I make in other development environments:
The version information for fileversion seems to be corrupt, it is to
be in the form x.y.z.w with integer numbers in these places, however
in the case of CVSNT the file version is a string with a lot of other
info apart from the numbers:
Cvs NT 1.11.1.3 Beta 5 (Debug Build 47)
This information is also stored in the version item "Product Version"
so it seems a bit redundant to have the text in file version as well.

I tried to hunt this down but failed to find where it is built.
Maybe Jonathan G knows where this is located?
If we correct this info then setup tools like InstallShield can
determine if they are to overwrite the exe or not during updates of
the installation.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)