[Cvsnt] Even stranger behaviour...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Jan 27 11:29:34 GMT 2002

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 11:08:34 +0000 (UTC), Tony Hoyle
<tmh at nothing-on.tv> wrote:

>> What in the world does this mean????
>

>It's related to using -z.  I haven't seen it in a while, though - 1.10.8
>used to suffer from it a lot.  It means it couldn't unzip the data at
>the other end.

What do I do about that? Disregard the message and do a status or
something? And which end, server or client end? Will it go away when I
do as described below?

>> Apparently not a good solution, but why does not CVSNT cvs.exe support
>> ntserver? A really surprising discovery...
>>
>You have to copy the protocol DLLs (ntserver_protocol.dll, etc.) into the
>same directory, otherwise it won't support anything except local mode.

Oh, it is like before when cvs was exchanged in WinCvs1.2 and the
cvs2ntslib.dll had to be copied over as well then?

What is the recommendation here? Should WinCvs 1.3 users replace the
cvs.exe that comes with the setup for the cvsnt cvs.exe + the protocol
dll's?? Or stay with the WinCvs cvs.exe?

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)