[Cvsnt] Upgrade problem from 1.11.3.1 beta 4 to beta 6

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Jan 31 17:16:46 GMT 2002

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 14:45:33 +0000 (UTC), "Kari Hoijarvi"
<hoijarvi at me.wustl.edu> wrote:

>Well, if I now have
>
>[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CVS\Pserver]
>"RepositoryPrefix"="F:/"
>"Repository0"="F:/SCM"
>
>the CVS control panel states, that valid repository
>roots are "/SCM".
>
>This used to work. Right now I don't know other
>workaround, except to remove the whole prefix.
>
>And I want to use the prefix. I don't want to commit
>to maintain the repository on the F: drive.
>
>Kari

Right you are! It is a good feature to hide the drive letter from the
users.
But don't use whatever the control panel tells you, use your
imagination instead (the control panel applet is broken in the beta
release, but now fixed by Tony for the next release, I checked by
compiling the source and it is now good).
Basically the Prefix will be added up front to whatever root comes
along to CVSNT from the client. Then it is compared to the RepositoryX
entries in the registry. So if you have Prefix set to F:/ and connect
using /SCM obviously the full root will become F://SCM which does not
compare to the Repository0 entry and is not existing on the disk
either.
But if you change the Prefix to F: and use the same client root then
you are just fine...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)