[Cvsnt] pserver: cannot checkout from other machine than server

Markus Meyer meyer at cutup.com
Thu Jul 4 16:40:25 BST 2002

HI,

I set up CVSNT 1.11.1.3b57c on Win2k (SP2) and it is working fine with
pserver when I run WinCVS on this server-machine. On another client machine
(on the same network) I also installed WinCVS 1.3. On that machine I can
login to the repository on the server and f.g. do a "cvs ls -l -R". But if I
try to checkout a module I alway get the error message that the module could
not be found.
I think the problem is located in the WinCVS preferences on the WinCVS
Tab->CVS-setup->HOME-directory. In WinCVS on the server-machine I have
something like "C:\cvsrepo\test\CVSROOT" but on the other client machine I
can not state that of course.
What has to be done to get the other client machines to run properly?

Greets,
MM