[Cvsnt] CVS admin group

Gavin Kinsey gavin.kinsey at accutest.co.uk
Tue Jul 9 09:18:16 BST 2002

>>Are you sure about this, I can not get it to work.  I have SystemAuth=Yes
>>and created the admin file with my username on the first line followed by
>>blank line.  WinCVS still tells me "cvs [admin aborted]: usage is
restricted
>>to repository administrators".  I've tried various formats, names, and
even
>>restarted the server once in case the service only checked for the file
but
>>can't get it to work.
>
>Do 'cvs -t admin <whatever>' and it'll print out what username it's
>checking against.  Domain access can do strange things to the final
>username.
>
>57d didn't work properly with admin - use a later one if you have that
>release.

I'm running version
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 1.11.1.3  (Build 57a)
(client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 1.11.1.3  (Build 57a)
(client/server)

I tried the command you suggested and got the following,

cvs -t admin gavink

*****CVS exited normally with code 0*****

 -> main loop with CVSROOT=:sspi:Coventry1:d:/cvs

What does that mean?  Do I need to updgrade to a newer release of the
server?

--
Gavin Kinsey
Accutest Ltd.