[Cvsnt] CVS admin group

Oliver Giesen giesen at lucatec.de
Wed Jul 10 12:30:34 BST 2002

> Are you sure about this, I can not get it to work.  I have
> SystemAuth=Yes
> and created the admin file with my username on the first line
> followed by a
> blank line.  WinCVS still tells me "cvs [admin aborted]:
> usage is restricted
> to repository administrators".  I've tried various formats,
> names, and even
> restarted the server once in case the service only checked
> for the file but
> can't get it to work.
>
> This is the only option for me as our IT dept will not give me Admin
> priviliges on the server.

I just did some testing and discovered that the entries in the admin
file seem to be case-sensitive. The user name has to be capitalized in
the exact same way it is registered in the domain (given, you're using
ntserver authentication; don't know about the others).
In my case only "GiesenO" worked - "gieseno" did not.

BTW: You could also see the username string that CVS uses by doing an
edit on a file and then calling the editors command on it. The
reported username is the one you should put in your admin file. In
fact you could use any command that logs your username to do a similar
test, e.g. you could run a log on a file you have recently committed.

Hope this helps.

Oliver
JID:	ogiesen at jabber.org
ICQ:	18777742