[Cvsnt] CVSNT and Sygate Personal Firewall

Mike Stinnett mstinnett at austin.rr.com
Mon Jul 15 05:32:44 BST 2002

Hi,

My CVSNT (v.1.11.1.13) is up and running fine on my Win XP box. I've been
able to run all commands and everything seems fine.

However, I just installed Sygate Personal Firewall (I use a cable modem...)
and realize that I'm unable to login to cvs. Upon login, I get the error
"error reading from [my server name]: -1" and am unable to get past it.

I uninstalled the firewall and CVSNT worked fine, no errors logging in.

Can anyone pass on their experience configuring (Sygate) firewalls to allow
CVSNT to do its thing? BTW: I have set the cvs executable to "allow all"
within Sygate, and it seems to be listening to port 2401, just fine.

Thanks

Mike