[Cvsnt] modules command

Bo Berglund bosse at agiusa.com
Sat Jun 8 11:04:41 BST 2002

Hi again Manikandan,
what is your problem with the modules command?
I guess that you know by now that the only thing this does is listing
the contents of the CVSROOT/modules file (except the stuff that is commented
out in this file). The modules file is NOT automatically updated in any way,
it must be manually maintained by a CVS admin, and this is very seldom
done....
So if you want to list the available modules on the server then the best bet
is to use the cvs ls command instead. It is available in recent versions of
CVSNT and it does the listing using various command line switches:

Usage: cvs ls [-q] [-e] [-l] [-R] [-r rev] [-D date] [modules...]
	-q	Quieter output.
	-e	Display in CVS/Entries format.
	-l	Display all details.
	-R	List recursively.
	-r rev	Show files with revision or tag.
	-D date	Show files from date.

One of these days someone at WinCvs will have created a repository browser
using this command...

/Bo