[Cvsnt] .owner and .perms: how I can rid of them?

Gabriele Carcassi carcassi at bnl.gov
Thu Jun 13 22:18:22 BST 2002

Hi Tony,

Thanks for answering!

> It's not generally a good idea to use :local: over a network share - you
> get locking issues.
I know... but unfortunately I don't run the show. There are a lot of people
already using this setup, and they don't want to change. Of course, the more
the people the more locking issues you have...

It's always used locally by normal cvs. No server (unfortunately, I would
have been very glad to use that)

I basically need to work on this repository from Windows. I am not per se
against the fact that I get those files. But I noticed some problem in
sharing the directory with other cvsnt users, and removing those files made
everything work.

Maybe I am doing everything totally wrong, or I shouldn't use cvsnt for
that... But I wouldn't really know what to use.

Gabriele