[Cvsnt] problems with ssh

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Fri Jun 14 23:16:22 BST 2002

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002 16:56:37 +0100, Schneider, Rudolf wrote:

> containing the two files .owner (contains "(null)") and .perms (contains

It does appear that because ssh isn't going through cvs authentication it
doesn't know what user it is.  I've put in a fix for that - of course
with cygin ssh the owner/user will always be 'System' - there isn't a way
around that as it's an NT Limitation (you can't change the user ID when
you do a setuid).

In theory you could compile cvsnt under cygwin which would work better
with cygwin ssh..  it's not something I've tried, though.