[Cvsnt] The PWGEN.exe command line utility

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at system3r.se
Mon Mar 4 13:40:47 GMT 2002

I have now updated my cvsnt sandbox (noting that there are changes to
the passwd.c file) and built the latest version.
After this has been installed on my laptop server I can create users
and passwords using the cvs passwd command when logged in as myself in
ntserver mode.
I also can do this when I log in using pserver mode with an empty
password field in the passwd file.

So as far as I can say this issue has been corrected and is now
working, so the need for the pwgen.exe file is removed completely.

Thanks!

/Bo

On Sat, 2 Mar 2002 18:05:41 +0000 (UTC), bo.berglund at system3r.se (Bo
Berglund) wrote:

>On Sat, 2 Mar 2002 09:35:23 +0000 (UTC), Tony Hoyle
><tmh at nothing-on.tv> wrote:
>
>>Bo Berglund wrote:
>>> There is a catch-22 here! Unless you can log in to cvsnt you are
>>> unable to set any passwords. But in order to log in the first user in
>>> the passwd file must have a password entry recorded in the file. An
>>> empty password is not accepted.
>>
>>By default SystemAuth=Yes, so you can log in with an administrator
>>username/password and set the passwords from there.
>>
>>Empty passwords should work OK, I'll check that.
>>
>>> I tried using ntserver as cvsroot but then when I used the cvs passwd
>>> command to add a user cvsnt complained about an invalid cvsroot. The
>>> only way I could find to use the cvs passwd command was using the
>>> pserver protocol. So how is the very first user created???
>>
>>ntserver should work too...  The passwd command doesn't really care
>>about cvsroot.
>>
>>Tony
>
>Does not work, here is a sample session from the command line using
>the very latest version of cvsnt (updated my checkout and built it 6
>hours ago):
>
>C:\>set cvsroot=:ntserver:armadillo:/pc
>
>C:\>cvs passwd -a kalleanka
>cvs passwd: CVSROOT ":ntserver:armadillo:/pc" is not fully-qualified.
>cvs [passwd aborted]: Please make sure to specify "user at host"!
>
>C:\>set cvsroot=:ntserver:bosse at armadillo:/pc
>
>C:\>cvs passwd -a kalleanka
>cvs passwd: The protocol always used the current user.  Do not specify
>a username.
>cvs passwd: bad CVSROOT: :ntserver:bosse at armadillo:/pc
>cvs [passwd aborted]: Bad CVSROOT.
>
>C:\>
>
>I can't get around this at all. In my passwd file is a single name, my
>own login 'bosse' without any password part.
>
>Still looks like a catch-22 to me....
>

>Bo Berglund
>bo.berglund at system3r.se

Bo Berglund