[Cvsnt] Pserver protocol and localhost

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Sat Mar 2 09:32:35 GMT 2002

Stephen Townsend wrote:
> Sad news. Uninstalled Norton and no go.
>
> ntserver works fine, but I'm using Websphere Studio Application Developer
> and it requires pserver.
>
> I actually created a clean user account, and ensured only essential services
> are running. Still pserver won't start. If I telnet to port 2401 the telnet
> program locks. If I use cvs command line or WinCvs the cvsservice -test
> starts and terminates immediate, but the client programs lock and have to
> have there sessions killed.
>
> Any other solutions?

No idea.  There was a reported problem with Win2000 Advanced Server
(some kind of setting that doesn't allow standard TCP/IP connections in)
  but I've not had any reports of it for a while.

The only thing I can suggest is to try it on another machine - if it
works there see if you can work out the difference between the two.