[Cvsnt] Pserver protocol and localhost

Richard Wirth r.wirth at wirthware.de
Sat Mar 2 13:32:35 GMT 2002

Hello Tony,

Saturday, March 02, 2002, 10:32:06 AM, you wrote:

TH> Stephen Townsend wrote:
>> Sad news. Uninstalled Norton and no go.
>>
>> ntserver works fine, but I'm using Websphere Studio Application Developer
>> and it requires pserver.
>>
>> I actually created a clean user account, and ensured only essential services
>> are running. Still pserver won't start. If I telnet to port 2401 the telnet
>> program locks. If I use cvs command line or WinCvs the cvsservice -test
>> starts and terminates immediate, but the client programs lock and have to
>> have there sessions killed.
>>
>> Any other solutions?
>>
TH> No idea.  There was a reported problem with Win2000 Advanced Server
TH> (some kind of setting that doesn't allow standard TCP/IP connections in)
TH>   but I've not had any reports of it for a while.

TH> The only thing I can suggest is to try it on another machine - if it
TH> works there see if you can work out the difference between the two.

for me it looks like cvs.exe can't do its work, and the port handling
is working (because this is done by cvsservice already). I checked the
code in cvsservice. And it looks like the "STARTUPINFO si" is only
partially initialized. I dont know, what happens if you start a
process at a wrong desktop/workstation. So may be the problem
disappears when we set si.lpDesktop and si.lpTitle to NULL.

--
Best regards,
 Richard                            mailto:r.wirth at wirthware.de