[Cvsnt] Speed issue with cvsnt/wincvs

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at system3r.se
Mon Mar 4 04:15:31 GMT 2002

I have installed the very latest versions of cvsnt and wincvs (built
myself off of the latest updates) on the clients at a location where I
am normally only connected via a VPN tunnel.
While I was here I have noticed that the performance has been
noticeably slower than before, especially the graph done in WinCvs
takes almost forever. This is really strange because I am now on a 100
Mbps local network and everything should work almost instantaneously.
Commits also take a very long time.
I notice that updates towards Tony's server on the Internet using that
same WinCvs client works much faster, graphs take a second or two
instead of half a minute on the local LAN etc.

Question:
Is there a performance hit when I use ntserver as opposed to pserver
nowadays? I didn't see anything like that before but now it seems like
ntserver has slowed down considerably.

Any thoughts? Has anyone else seen this?

Bo Berglund
bo.berglund at system3r.se