[Cvsnt] CVSNT client co dir name problem

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Fri Mar 8 02:26:34 GMT 2002

Ron Savage wrote:
  The output from
> shell>cvs -H co
> says
>         -d dir  Check out into dir instead of module name.
> implying a space be used, or at least is optional.
>
> Personally, I regard the docs as correct and the code as wrong. That is, the code in the client should gracefully accept an optional
> space after the -d.

I can't repeat this (I've done -d several times in the last couple of
days), and I always have a space before the -d.

The options are handled by the GNU getopt library, which is pretty
flexible when it comes to these things.

NT won't allow spaces at the start of directory names anyway so if it
did create such a directory you'd be stuffed.