[Cvsnt] CVSNT client co dir name problem

Ron Savage ron at savage.net.au
Fri Mar 8 05:09:36 GMT 2002

See below.

--
Cheers
Ron Savage
ron at savage.net.au
http://savage.net.au/index.html
"Tony Hoyle" <tmh at nothing-on.tv> wrote in message news:3C8820BA.3060101 at nothing-on.tv...
> Ron Savage wrote:
>   The output from
> > shell>cvs -H co
> > says
> >         -d dir  Check out into dir instead of module name.
> > implying a space be used, or at least is optional.
> >
> > Personally, I regard the docs as correct and the code as wrong. That is, the code in the client should gracefully accept an
optional
> > space after the -d.
> >
> I can't repeat this (I've done -d several times in the last couple of
> days), and I always have a space before the -d.

I can repeat it. I just tested it again. See below for explanation.

Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 1.11.1.3 rc1 (Build 53) (client/server)

WinNT 4 Sp6a.

> The options are handled by the GNU getopt library, which is pretty
> flexible when it comes to these things.
>
> NT won't allow spaces at the start of directory names anyway so if it
> did create such a directory you'd be stuffed.

NT does allow it. I just did it.

If I use cvs co -d apache ..., say, then
shell>cd apache
does not work. The error is The system cannot find the path specified.
shell>cd ' apache'
does not work, but
shell>cd " apache"
succeeds.

I see now.

It's because I'm running cvs from inside a Perl program using IPC::Run.

So, I'll inform the author of IPC::Run.

Thanx for your indulgence.