[Cvsnt] Next release features

heio.denk at fh-reutlingen.de heio.denk at fh-reutlingen.de
Sat Mar 9 10:37:19 GMT 2002

I intend to use cvs to automatically distribute sowftware-modules
(Dlls, Exes, > 100 clients).
For this I could make good use of the following features:

- library for client programming
  Using cvs.exe works, but with all the IPC neccessary is not
  a pleasant thing to do.

- List of all release-tags of a module (as defined in the modules
file.)

- A fast way to check if a file checked out is identical
  to the one in the repository (checksum?)

Other fatures:

- atomic operations
  commit and tagging

best regards