[Cvsnt] cvs edit is very slow

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Mon Mar 18 10:50:35 GMT 2002

If you are using WinCvs 1.3.7 up there is a speed problem that has been addressed by the developers
but it is not yet released in a public beta. I have noted extremely slow performance for
some operations like Diff to external diff program and graph, where the time is counted in
many minutes rather than in 10+ seconds. But this went away when I compiled WinCvs from the
latest cvsgui update a few days ago. (I have checked out the whole cvsgui module so I can get
the latset stuff sooner....)

If you can do quick commands on the command prompt (not in WinCvs command window) but the same
commands are very slow from WinCvs then you have this problem.
You can do as I did and compile yourself or wait until the next beta is released.....

Or you can drop back to WinCvs 1.3.6, which does not have the same big problems.

/Bo