[Cvsnt] CVSNT on windows 2k

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Mar 19 07:15:40 GMT 2002

The CVSROOT environment variable is NOT used on the server, it is
something you CAN use on the client depending on your preferences. You
can always specify it on the cvs command line. I don't know how Macs
go in this respect though....

Anyway the connect string should be set in your case probably like:
:pserver:user at server:f:/cvs  (if you do not use a prefix)

But again I don't know how Macs go.

If you instead set up a REPOSITORY (don't confuse with modules as you
have in your posting) in F:\cvsrepo\myrepository and set prefix to
F:/cvsrepo then the connect string would become:
:pserver:user at server:/myrepository (which works in unix and pc and probably
Mac as well, which is why Tony added the prefix option)

Note that the REPOSITORY (the one that has the CVSROOT subdirectory)
is now one level down drom your suggestion and prefix contains one
subdir apart from the disk letter. I found this to be a safer bet.

/Bo¨

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 02:38:43 +0000 (UTC), "Brad Soe"
<bsoe at pacbell.net> wrote:

>Hi, I am another person who cannot get this to work.I am not sure that
>everything is proper set up, because I have tried so many things.
>
>My repository is on f:\cvs and I have initialed them. I am trying to access
>them from a Mac using Maccvs Pro, but
>I get the error "no such repository"!
>
>I have setup a repository like f:\cvs\test.
>f:\cvs has a cvsroot sub dir(f:\cvs\cvsroot) and that has a "config" file
>that I set "SystemAuth=no"
>I also added a passwd file there.
>
>I set the env variable CVSROOT = f:\cvs
>What should the "HOME" be set to? It is not clear to me!!!!!
>
>I have tried to use prefixes and no prefixes and the result is the same.
>What should the CVSROOT look like on the remote machine.?
>
>I used a packet tracer to see what was going on and I always get "no such
>repository" as the error message.
>
>I guess I am looking for specific instructions on how to get this working??
>
>Thanks
>Brad

(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)