[Cvsnt] RE: question about CVS setup doc

Bo Berglund bosse at agiusa.com
Tue Mar 19 20:32:20 GMT 2002

My posting was an example of course and the /test (note forward slash) was
just to
confirm it really works.

I myself have this setup:

Five different repositories:

d:\cvsrepo\pc
d:\cvsrepo\hw
d:\cvsrepo\adm
d:\cvsrepo\pre
d:\cvsrepo\mp

CVSNT set up with repository prefix set to d:/cvsrepo

Access from clients using these connect strings:

:ntserver:cvsserver:/pc
:ntserver:cvsserver:/hw
:ntserver:cvsserver:/adm
:ntserver:cvsserver:/pre
:ntserver:cvsserver:/mp

Note that these are repositories, not modules. They all have a CVSROOT
subdirectory
and all have their own passwd files to control who have access to them.

Using the repository prefix you can store the repositories a bit down a tree
from
the root of the drive and the users need not know anything about it. And you
can
move the repositories to a different disk on the server and by changing the
prefix
it still works without anyone changing anything on the clients.

/Bo