[Cvsnt] Shadow folder in cvs

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Mar 27 06:37:45 GMT 2002

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 05:40:50 +0000 (UTC), "Tilfried Weissenberger"
<tilliw at tdonline.net> wrote:

>I've spent all day trying to find some infos on some strange behavior I am
>experiencing with CVSNT 1.11.1.3 (57a) and WinCVS 1.3b7
>
>I want to create a "shadow" dir of all current files in a project. Here is
>my line in CVSROOT\loginfo:
>
>^BPL echo "" & start /ds:\Web-4\Kunden\connection\ cmd /c cvs export -r
>HEAD -d 231 BPL
>
>It exports the BPL project into a Directory called 231. it should....
>
>now when I commit a file, I get these messages back:
>cvs commit: warning: unrecognized response `' from cvs server

If I understand this line it should work like this:
^BPL  = regular expression to filter out the module you want
echo = the program you want to run
"" = first parameter for echo (text to display)
& = second parameter for echo (but it does not take such...)
start = third parameter for echo (-"-)

If I parse what I think you want to do:
start /ds:\Web-4\Kunden\connection\ = start in dir s:\...
cmd /c cvs export -r HEAD -d 231 BPL = command to start

Problems:
1) I don't think echo will accomplish what you want to do...
2) The initial dir of start looks like a network share to me and that
share is in all likelyhood not set up for the process cvs is running
under so there is no place to start in (if you had removed echo "" &)

The syntax for loginfo is
<Regular expression> <program to start> <any command line parameters>
The program you start can expect information on the commit just done
on the standard input. You can also add one specifier (once) on the
command line to get a list of the files and revisions. Look in the
autocreated loginfo file for this.

I have used loginfo myself by creating a small program that handles
the command line data AND the standard input information and then does
its thing (sending email out). I think you should do the same.

(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)