[Cvsnt] Issue with recursive labeling

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Mar 27 06:50:44 GMT 2002

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 01:09:32 +0000 (UTC), Arvind Raman
<arvind_raman_tech at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>I have the following dorectory structure.
>
>Project Name
>|
>|-cmodel
>    |--product
>          |--bin
>          |--src
>          |--include
>          |--test
>
>As I develop my project I initially just add my src
>and include files to the database, i.e. only src and
>include directories in the above structure have files
>while the other are empty.
>Now when I try labeling my "product" directory in the
>above structure with an intention that CVS labels
>everything below it recursively it doesn;t allow me to
>do that.
>Is this an issue and a known problem ? Or am I doing
>something wrong here ?
>
>Thanks and regards
>Arvind Raman

You mean by labelling the tagging procedure, right?
And yes it is recursive if you use WinCvs and select a folder in the
folder view to the left you will tag all files and subfolders from
that node.

But CVS does not version folders, only files. So if you have empty
folders these are simply not in the repsoitory.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)