[Cvsnt] CVS(NT) with huge repositories?

Kari Hoijarvi hoijarvi at me.wustl.edu
Sat Mar 23 16:43:44 GMT 2002

There is an interesting slide show about NT development:
http://www.usenix.org/events/usenix-win2000/invitedtalks/lucovsky_html/

especially the slide about version control:
http://www.usenix.org/events/usenix-win2000/invitedtalks/lucovsky_html/sld01
5.htm

I wonder if CVS(NT) actually could handle it?

They wrote their own tool. I was in the Outlook team 1995-1998 and used
an earlier version of it. It was able to handle Office 2000 fairly well,
maybe 1/6 th of
the size of Win2000. My experiences with the synchronization
effort is consistent, about 15 minutes vs. 2 hours.

Has someone benchmarked CVS(NT) with 200 projects(250 MB each) and
about 1000 updated files per day?

Kari