Vedr.: Re: Vedr.: Re: Vedr.: [Cvsnt] Shadow folder in cvs

Tilfried Weissenberger tilliw at tdonline.net
Wed Mar 27 05:40:50 GMT 2002

Why do an UPDATE on the whole project, if only a file is being commited? Why
not just copy that one file to the shadow directory?

I'm going to write a VBS Script to handle that, provided that CVS gives
enough infos to the script to do it.

I only have another strange problem:

Hi there,

I've spent all day trying to find some infos on some strange behavior I am
experiencing with CVSNT 1.11.1.3 (57a) and WinCVS 1.3b7

I want to create a "shadow" dir of all current files in a project. Here is
my line in CVSROOT\loginfo:

^BPL echo "" & start /ds:\Web-4\Kunden\connection\ cmd /c cvs export -r
HEAD -d 231 BPL

It exports the BPL project into a Directory called 231. it should....

now when I commit a file, I get these messages back:
cvs commit: warning: unrecognized response `' from cvs server
cvs commit: warning: unrecognized response `gi Jj+' from cvs server

sometimes even more:
cvs commit: warning: unrecognized response `' from cvs server
cvs commit: warning: unrecognized response `g:/cvs/BPL/css/bpl.css.bpl' from
cvs server
cvs commit: warning: unrecognized response `fQ/bpl.css.bpl' from cvs server
cvs commit: warning: unrecognized response `fQ/bpl.css.bpl' from cvs server
cvs commit: warning: unrecognized response `fQ/bpl?y?yaymyQpl.css.b{i<yc.Q'
from cvs server
cvs commit: warning: unrecognized response `fQ/bpl?y?yaymyQpl.css.b{i3' from
cvs server
cvs commit: warning: unrecognized response `fQ/bplmQi<yc.Q' from cvs server
cvs commit: warning: unrecognized response `fQ/bplmQi<yc.Q' from cvs server
cvs commit: warning: unrecognized response `fQ/bplmQi<yc?y?yaymymQc.Q¡YQ.Q'
from cvs server
cvs commit: inflate: invalid stored block lengths
cvs [commit aborted]: reading from server: Input/output error

if I remove, or change the ECHO "" to echo 0, echo. or anything else, I get
errors like:
cvs commit: inflate: invalid stored block lengths
cvs [commit aborted]: reading from server: Input/output error

or
cvs commit: inflate: incorrect data check
cvs [commit aborted]: reading from server: Input/output error

or
cvs commit: inflate: oversubscribed dynamic bit lengths tree
cvs [commit aborted]: reading from server: Input/output error

etc. etc.

I have tried about 300 combinations of the command(s) above. Maybe someone
can shed some light into my problem...

The second thing I would like to solve is:
I want to create something like a "beta" directory (on check-in) and a
real/live system directory (called "deploy" in VSS) which all confirmed
changes are "deployed" to. These 2 dirs are both webs.

any help would be great!

thanks!

br, Tilli