[Cvsnt] how to set up user-aliases ? - error when rebuilding admin files

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Thu Mar 28 16:08:47 GMT 2002

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002 15:58:42 +0000 (UTC), "Matthias Mohr"
<MMohr at SysDesign-EDV.de> wrote:

>What do you think about my other idea, of having a "shadow"-system ?
>Or add another file (e.g. "useraliases") with pure alias-functionality...

Mostly I just kept the existing files so you could swap repositories
between cvs and cvsnt, but with the next release that'll break (binary
diffs, versioned directories, mergepoints, etc.).

The worst problem with pserver is that it isn't extensible because
there's no negotiation.  If for example I started using md5 passwords
it would instantly break cvsnt clients talking to cvs servers.  You're
stuck with the reversible encryption that pserver uses.