[Cvsnt] Can't use ntserver protocol from server or client

Dave Mello DMello at arrayinc.com
Mon May 13 21:04:15 BST 2002

Allow me to correct myself on one detail...the error reported by the WinCVS
client is *not* the same as reported by the cvs.exe on the server's command
line.  The WinCVS 1.3.6.1 beta 6 error is this:

cvs checkout CVSROOT (in directory C:\)
cvs [checkout aborted]: unrecognized auth response from servername: cvs
[authserver aborted]: bad auth protocol start: BEGIN NTSERVER

But the server reports from the command line:

C:\>cvs -d :ntserver:servername:d:/cvs co CVSROOT
cvs [checkout aborted]: the :ntserver: access method is not supported by
this port of CVS

Please help if you can.  More details are in my first message....
Thanks!