[Cvsnt] How many repositoreis can CvsNt server typically handle

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu May 23 07:00:13 BST 2002

On Thu, 23 May 2002 04:06:39 +0000 (UTC), Arvind Raman
<arvind_raman_tech at yahoo.com> wrote:

>We have currently transitioning to cvs, and our setup
>includes the WinCvs client and the CvsNT server. We
>are using the "ntserver" protocol for authentication.
>I just thought it might be worthwhile to ask if there
>is a limitation on the number of repositoreis the
>CvsNT server could support.
>Do we have to keep a tab on the number of repositories
>?
>
>Thanks and regards
>Arvind

To answer your question as asked:
Max number of repositories for CVSNT = 64

But also:
I suspect that your question comes from a misconception that I have
seen a number of times. People tend to confuse repositories and
modules.
Repositories are the separate storage areas for modules, in theory
(and many times in practice) a CVS server could work well with only
one repository.
Modules are the actual 'projects' that are checked in to the CVS
server. Each module is separately stored in a repository and contains
all files and folders needed for a project. There is no limit to the
number of modules that can be handled (except disk space and such).

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)