[Cvsnt] Reg. Adding User to CVSNT Server

Arulmanikandan arulman at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 30 07:52:20 BST 2002

Hi,
      I installed both WinCVS and CVSNT in my
machine.I installed WinCVS in my friend's machine.Now
i want to add my friend's name to the server so  he
can also check in and check out files the same file
what i do.

  We both belong to SYNCHEN01 domain.My system login
name is manikandan_s friend's is chellamuthu.Here my
doubt is how do i add my friend name to my server.?

  I tried by following
   cvs passwd -a chellamuthu
  after this it asked password twice i gave chella
then the following error comes

Adding user chellamuthu at pc271
cvs server: *WARNING* CVS user 'chellamuthu' will not
be able to log in until they are aliased to a valid
system user.

  Anticipating your reply soon.

Bye
Manikandan