[Cvsnt] Reg. Adding User to CVSNT Server

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Thu May 30 08:28:28 BST 2002

This is what you need to do:
First you must drop the user you added and then add him in again
using a slightly different syntax:

1. cvs login as yourself (admin priviliges)
2. cvs passwd -X chellamuthu
3. cvs passwd -D SYNCHEN01 -a chellamuthu

I believe that this will add the user chellamuthu using the domain
password from SYNCHEN01. So when he logs in he needs to give his
domain password.

If this does not work then you can try (after again removing him):
3. cvs passwd -r SYNCHEN01\chellamuthu -a chellamuthu

This will add chellamuthu to the cvs users list with a separate
cvs password that you will have to type in twice. Then this cvs
login will be 'aliased' to the domain user SYNCHEN01\chellamuthu.

The effect of this is that chellamuthu will log in to cvs using
pserver authentication and the cvs password you specify when you
create the login. Once accepted he will be working in the context of
the domain user SYNCHEN01\chellamuthu.
No domain password neeed be sent over the pserver login connection
using this method.

The complete syntax of cvs passwd is here:
Usage:
cvs passwd [-a] [-x] [-X] [-r real_user] [-R] [-D domain] [username]
-a Add user
-x Disable user
-X Delete user
-r Alias username to real system user