[cvsnt] Re: sspi from Win98 clients?

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Tue Nov 5 08:23:21 GMT 2002

> It's part of the OS, but MS can't make up its mind what it's called...
> The code in cvs currently tries to load both.

So, in theory it should work on W98, yes? I'll have to look again, if any of
the two filenames exists...

> Not for development, it seems, judging by the feedback I get.  Bugs
> for it don't get fixed quickly because they never get reported (for
> example command line cvs95 commits have been broken for about 6 months
> but someone only now just pointed it out),

That sounds bad. So I probably shouldn't even test this over :ntserver:, no?

> (personally I think anyone would be completely mad to
> try to develop under Win9x anyway, especially on a 300mhz notebook!).

Thanks! ;]
Anyway, it was just a test. The main use for that notebook is remote
controlling my main workstation (a 350MHz W2K box ;) via VNC and WLAN (W98
is perfectly sufficient for that task), so I could be with my family in the
living room while working instead of isolating myself in the study.

BTW and totally OT: Does anybody know of any good and cheap (preferably free
of course) Windows-only remote control software? TightVNC does not quite
seem to cut it especially when you do a lot of typing...

Cheers,

Oliver
JID: ogiesen at jabber.org
ICQ: 18777742