[cvsnt] Re: Using InnoSetup?

torsten at tiscali.dk torsten at tiscali.dk
Tue Nov 26 11:49:28 GMT 2002

>>The Pascal you have in mind and the Pascal used by Delphi and the
>>'addon' (it's not an addon) are very much different.
>>
>Ahh so it's delphi.  I was led to believe they had implemented a
>Pascal parser in the code - so presumably you need Delphi installed to
>run it, which brings me back to the '$2000 is a lot for a test'
>comment.

No, it's a standalone interpreter. It does not need Delphi. I know this
because TortoiseCVS now uses InnoSetup (or rather My InnoSetup Extensions),
but I don't install any services, so I cannot comment on that issue. I would
imagine though that it could be done with a suitable "Delphi Pascal" function
in the install script itself.

-Torsten