[cvsnt] High server load on update!

Anders Truelsen at at systematic.dk
Tue Oct 22 12:28:44 BST 2002

Hi friends

I'm moving our shop from an Intel/Solaris box with a bad raid-driver to
a Win2K with CVSNT and have observed the following oddity:

Checkouts are a blast.
-You can hardly tell that the server is working and synchronous
checkouts are no problem at all.

Updates on the other hand really pull the teeth out.
- A single update of a large workspace pushes the CPU to 100% for up to
30 seconds.
Why is that? - I never observed that behavior on the old machine.

With a couple of hundred developers joining in I'm slightly worried.

The new server is a 1.1G P3 (going dual tomorrow) with 1G RAM and a 4
disk RAID-5 setup, that ought to be enough ;-)

Regards,
anders