[cvsnt] Install of cvsnt 184.108.40.206 57h
Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Tue Sep 3 17:13:13 BST 2002
I have made a small test as follows:
1) Set up a new PC on my internal home LAN as a W2K server
2) Installed CVSNT 57g
3) Set my firewall to tunnel TCP port 2401 to the W2K server
4) Checked in a few modules for test
5) From an outside Internet connection via modem I used WinCvs to check out
the modules using a CVSROOT like this:
:sspi:user at firewall:/pc (note the use of the firewall as server, can be just the IP of the firewall)
6) I tried first without logging in but that did not work
7) Then I did cvs login and this made the whols system work
Note: I forgot to set the encryption flag, I will not in the future...
From: Oliver Giesen [mailto:ogware at gmx.net]
Sent: den 3 september 2002 17:21
To: cvsnt at cvsnt.org
Subject: Re: [cvsnt] Install of cvsnt 220.127.116.11 57h
> > Erm, wait a minute! I haven't installed 57h myself yet but I definitely
> > under the impression that :ntserver: would only be removed in the
> > builds!
> It's still there, don't panic.
I don't panic. I've always got a towel with me... ;]
Still my question remains: Is there some documentation on painless migration
from :ntserver: to :sspi: ? We really would like to be able to access our
repository over the internet (although this is currently a very low priority
objective) but do currently not want to struggle with SSH, especially when
:sspi: is available. Google so far revealed nothing worthwhile.
JID: ogiesen at jabber.org
Y! : ogiesen
cvsnt mailing list
cvsnt at cvsnt.org
More information about the cvsnt