[cvsnt] linux cvsnt migration binary file corruption

Peter Siebold siebold at scaled.com
Tue Sep 10 21:22:00 BST 2002

Great, that was it.  Thanks!

-Pete

-----Original Message-----
From: Bo Berglund [mailto:bo.berglund at telia.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 12:58 PM
To: cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook
Subject: Re: [cvsnt] linux cvsnt migration binary file corruption

This is almost a FAQ, at least if you are going Linux ---> Windows NT
What probably happened is that you tar:ed on Linux, then carried the
tarball over to the Windows machine and used WinZip to extract the
files...
Winzip has a setting that per default mangles some files on the
erroneous assumption that they are text files.
Go to WinZip/Options/Configuration/Miscellaneous and *uncheck* the
item "TAR file smart CR/LF conversion"

Then redo the unpacking of the Tar file.

/Bo

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:10:15 -0700, "Peter Siebold"
<siebold at scaled.com> wrote:

> I have just migrated an existing CVS repository to cvsnt.  All is
> working except the binary files.  They seem to be corrupted when
> checking out a new module.  Has anyone seen this?  Is there something
> special I have to do when I tar the repository up in linux, or untar
> on this end?
>
>Thanks,
>
>-Pete

/Bo