[cvsnt] Marking files as changed en masse

John Hall john.hall at optionexist.co.uk
Wed Sep 11 09:24:52 BST 2002

"Zazueta, Robert" <RZazueta at academyart.edu> wrote:

> How do you keep track of all of the files you've changed? I use WinCVS
> and I'm beginning to wish for a function that will allow me to make
> something like a "local tag" that I can attach to a series of files,
> then tell CVS to commit or tag or whatever all of them in one fell
> swoop. Is there a way to do something like this now in standard CVS?
> Does CVSNT support that? Anything has to be better than writing the
> files down on a pad of paper and crossing my fingers.

The closest I can think of is to use TortoiseCVS
(http://www.tortoisecvs.org/), which is a CVS Windows Shell extension.
You can right click your top level directory and select commit. Tortoise
will then show all the files below this that have been modified with
checkboxes next to them. You can then just select the files you want to
commit, enter a message and commit.

Regards,
John Hall