[cvsnt] BUG! conflicts not marked in CVS/Entries any more!

Jerzy Kaczorowski jerzyk at wndtabs.com
Fri Sep 13 13:28:51 BST 2002

> Were they ever?  I thought Wincvs just read the cvs output.

That would never do - what if command line was used from the DOS window or
something?

The Entries file format is actually documented in CVS manual along with
others:
http://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/cvs_2.html#IDX40

If the first character is `/', then the format is:
  /name/revision/timestamp[+conflict]/options/tagdate

The conflict date can be used to find out whether the conflict was resolved,
which is what CvsIn is doing for example...

Best Regards,
Jerzy