[cvsnt] BUG! conflicts not marked in CVS/Entries any more!

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Fri Sep 13 10:21:03 BST 2002

I have noted strange behaviour too recently.
A few examples:
Update a sandbox. The command window reports that there were merges etc.
Reports conflict on one or two text files
Also reports that nonmergeable file xxx.exe is replaced by new revision and old is renamed

After finish WinCvs displays the exe file as red (committable) as well as the conflict files.

I make another update just to be sure and now the exe icon turns white.
The conflict files are still red (without the 'C' in the icon) and they can be committed.
Problem now is that they contain the conflict markers nonetheless and the compiler barfs at them.

I thought that this was a WinCvs issue but now I don't know anymore since cvs itself updates the
Entries files. I am using CVSNT 57g as cvs.exe for WinCvs

/Bo