[cvsnt] newly added users not recognized as valid system user s

carsten.pieper at continentale.de carsten.pieper at continentale.de
Mon Sep 16 14:09:23 BST 2002

Hi,

some things I found out in the meantime by myself:

I looked up my NT User Manager (-->Programs/Adminstration/User Manager;
I hope I got the names right as I'm working on a german system
and don't see the "original" english names of things...).
My "real" login name doesn't seem to be "pieper" but "mydomain/pieper".
At least that's what's shown there.

However, when I try to add a new user "mydomain/pieper" to CVS
the same error occurs:

C:\>set cvsroot=:ntserver:DO1W7548:/test
C:\>cvs passwd -a mydomain/pieper
Adding user mydomain/pieper at DO1W7548
New password: *****
Verify password: *****
cvs server: *WARNING* CVS user 'mydomain/pieper' will not be able
to log in until they are aliased to a valid system user.

Bo, is this what you meant by your note in step 9 of the
installation guide ("Any user entered like this MUST be
an NT user on the local system!")? When my domain appears
within the login, does that make me something as a "domain user"?
But then, how do I make myself known as a "local user" to my
system. And what's more, how could I add other domain users to
as repository users?

Any help is welcome, thanks,
Carsten

Original mail was: