[cvsnt] Re: newly added users not recognized as valid system user s

carsten.pieper at continentale.de carsten.pieper at continentale.de
Tue Sep 17 08:31:55 BST 2002

Thanks to everyone!

Bo:
> I have also stated in that document that I have no access to a domain...
Yes, of course you did that. I should have taken more care in noticing
this when following your installation advice "7.d  ... and check all
checkboxes" which I did but shouldn't have (see below). My mistake!

Tony:
Special thanks, you fixed my problem:
> If the user exists on the domain then you shouldn't need to specify it
> anyway (unless you have 'use local users' checked in which case user
> must exist as a local user on the cvs server).
Once I unchecked 'use local users' everything was fine (i.e.
"cvs passwd -a pieper" worked).
BTW,
> Note: Forward slashes are not special to NT and aren't used as domain
> separators.
Well, I was afraid of that and have therefore been fiddeling around with
the whole bunch of them (/, //, \, \\), then. None worked (with my checkbox
checked wrongly)...

Cheers,
Carsten