[cvsnt] Installation problems

Chad Myers cmyers at austin.rr.com
Sun Sep 22 04:21:24 BST 2002

I've followed the "Step-by-Step" installation guide and reached
the point where I'm supposed to use the cvs passwd -a ...
to add a user.

I'm logged in as a user in the Administrators and/or Domain Admins
group.

CVSNT is installed ON the domain controller, if that matters.

I execute the following commands in accordance with the docs:

set cvsroot=:ntserver:SERVER:/test
c:\cvsnt\cvs.exe passwd -a chad

-- And I get:

New password: ****
Verify password: ****
cvs [server aborted]: Only administrators can add users

I am an admin. WTF?

So I create a CVSROOT in my repositories dir (c:\cvs) and
create a file called "config" and the first line is:
SystemAuth=no

Then I create a file called "admin" and set the first line:
admin

Then I save them both as ANSI (or should they be DOS/ASCII?)
in TextPad.

I restart the CVSNT service and try again, no go.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Chad Myers