[cvsnt] Problem adding users

Chad Myers cmyers at N0.SP.4M.austin.rr.com
Sun Sep 22 04:41:37 BST 2002

My CVS repository root is c:\cvs

I have a module called forums

I'm having this same problem, so I create:

c:\cvs\CVSROOT\admin

and add my username "chad" to the first line with no trailing spaces
or CR/LF.

I restart the CVSNT service.

I open a cmd prompt and type:

set cvsroot=:ntserver:SUCKA:/forums
   (SUCKA is my servername, long story...)
cvs passwd -a chad
(password verification stuff)

Then it says "Only administrators can add users"

Do I need to put DOMAIN\Chad in the 'admin' file?

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Chad

news:74s4nucsjn1ihlmmnn4hijc65t05r3egb7 at 4ax.com...